AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chain store eye exam??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iluvafarmer
Posted 1/28/2013 00:59 (#2855143 - in reply to #2855109)
Subject: Re: Chain store eye exam??

Eastern Nebraska
I went to those professional eye doctors for all my glasses and eye exams... My last pair of glasses cost me almost $700 and they were not any fancy name brand frames.... Insurance paid all but $350 of it... I thought that was a good deal... fast forward... Out shoveling snow with the big storm before Christmas and as I was bent over to shovel... the right lens fell out and into the snow someplace... Still have not found it... I called to see about another pair from the same place and they were quoting their cheapest pair around $400.... called Wal-Mart and they had some specials... I went to the optometrist at one Wal-Mart in town because they were there 6 days a week but got my glasses at the one I go to most often...I have line less bifocals... a 1 year guarantee.. and free adjustments for a grand total of $88.... the frames are nice... They have very big selection and even carry those fancy brand name ones for those who need to wear those... I order them December 30th and and they called me January 2nd to come pick them up... I had been wearing cheaters to read and it took me a few minutes for my eyes to adjust... The optometrist that did my eye exam was very good. I have diabetes and he did all the checks for glaucoma and everything else... took the time to explain to me how diabetics go blind... that is another email if anyone is interested.... Another advantage to me is that I do travel at times and if I have any problems I can go to any Wal-Mart... I guess what I am saying is that the service you get is only as good the people giving it... Whether that is in Wal-mart or a private doctor's office... As for those special deals that you see in the paper and on tv... I checked out several of them and what I found was that most of them at that great price was for the lenses only and you still had to buy the frames ... If you had a common prescription they made the glasses in short order ... if you do not it takes more time... There eye exams were more than the one at Wal-Mart... $55 there... that is my experience with those private doctors... the national chain stores and Wal-Mart ... Hoep it helps...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)