AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip til Pics finally
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bigfarmerdave
Posted 6/21/2006 09:37 (#20968 - in reply to #20872)
Subject: RE: started with mole knife

Eastern Iowa
You said you made it about 150ft and then turned around and called Jim. I talked to Jim before about his units so I'm familiar with what your using now. What didn't you like about the system you were using prior to Jims units in the corn residue? Were you plugging up? not making good enough strips? I've got a neighbor who runs two strip-till machine, one with a mole knife and one has Dawn units on it. They said that they deep ripped all of the corn on corn acres that the Dawn unit was going to run through. It seems that I hear a lot about deep ripping prior to running the Dawn units through corn on corn. Do you think its necessary to do that? How deep to you think you are tilling? I'm just not sure that I like the idea of deep ripping every acre every year. I understand the concern that you have about there being some fertilizer left on top with the Dawn system. I have seen it first hand but am not sure if there is enough left on top to worry yourself over it? You said that you put down a 120-40-20 mix if I remember correctly. Is the Dawn unit capable of putting down liquid 28% or NH3? We put down about 30 units worth of N in our strips but that is in the form of Urea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)