AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip til Pics finally
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

agboy
Posted 6/21/2006 10:58 (#20982 - in reply to #20968)
Subject: RE: started with mole knife

Flandreau, SD
The composted fish was a product we got for testing on our acres. No cost as of yet. It is a liquid and put on as a starter infurrow and with 28 % sidedress and am spraying it for foliar feed also. We will have some good conparisons this fall with the Yeild monitor.

We did zones 18 inches deep and planted on top on them and this fall plan on doing same but move over 15 inches. After two year you have slots every 15 inches and that should be it for the deep till. Then all we will do is shallow strip till with the Dawn.

The knife plugged up around the shank with stalks and wet dirt. I did plug the Dawn but it was inbetween the units as ours are on a straight toolbar for now and not staggered. That field I was moveing back and forth across old rows to straighten out the old rows with GPS. I might like to see what a stalk chopper does if I have a field like that again.

We are going to move to liquid fert as I think it is easier to handle and our move to more of the composted liquid manure. So yes the Dawn will put on 28 % and it looks too me like maybe a better placement using the side injecting point on the coulter. Just my thought maybe Jim will jump in.

Marc B
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)