AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for ride from Seattle, Wa to Wilburn, Wa.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chimel
Posted 12/4/2012 12:25 (#2732479 - in reply to #2731872)
Subject: Re: Looking for ride from Seattle, Wa to Wilburn, Wa.

Well the Dodoche is a migrant animal, no wonder they nest on your barn.
Mother's first car after the divorce was a Dauphine. I thought it looked so pretty as a kid. All I remember is that the backdoors seemed hard to close properly, because twice they popped opened at the first turn, and in one occasion little sister rolled out on the macadam (no damages to her, thanks). Shortly after we watched the Duel thriller on TV, we also had our own version of it in the Alps near Grenoble during summer vacations: We overtook a truck on a long climbing motorway, but the car was barely driving above the speed of the truck, as it was loaded with 3 kids and luggage, and did not have a powerful engine, so we  managed to overtake the truck only just before the end of the mountain pass and the dual lanes. Then on the way down, that truck stuck to us very closely as for revenge. We were all so terrified that he would run into us on purpose for miles and miles before we finally got to lose him. Poor truck driver was probably burning his brakes trying all he could not to run into us, I don't know if magnetic brakes were common at the time...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)