AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Small Square Baling: What is most efficient?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

danwarner
Posted 11/28/2012 15:46 (#2721724 - in reply to #2721642)
Subject: Re: Small Square Baling: What is most efficient?

MN
http://www.kuhnsmfg.com/index.shtml I like this accumulator, I had a buddy who ran a steffens system, they are the few companys that make a 10 pack tie bundle, this fits an 8' trailer, there are a few others that drag on the ground, depending on who is buying, people may not want any dirt on the bales if they are dragged. The kuhns is all mechanical gravity operated, and a good baler would work well with it, the steffens is much more complicated and more$ but my buddy liked it and said it was easy once you figured it out. He thought the ramp on the kuhns would affect the tension of the bales? These systems cost 15-20k for accumulator and grapple so you need to put up a large volume. If you don't load many 8' trailers(semis) you could probably use any kind of accumulator, if it were me, I'd get a small telehandler to load with, that would reach higher trailers ~15' or stack in tall sheds. I put up a small amount of hay and mostly sell as I go as well, sell of the racks usually in small amounts, often when I find a buyer they will come back for more. Hay can be good $ if you aren't afraid to work a little.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)