AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Small Square Baling: What is most efficient?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

djg4307
Posted 11/29/2012 09:54 (#2723201 - in reply to #2722991)
Subject: Re: Small Square Baling: What is most efficient?

ANDALE KANSAS
we load trailers behind the baler, i stack them so we can unload with an 8 pack farm hand bale clamp. I just eliminate the need for another loader running around picking up the bales in the feild
I work a full time job, so i need to have the bales on wheels and in the shed before i go to work.
I bought a 1002 bale wagon from roeder up at seneca ks, it was ok, just way to small, slow, and you need a good operator. i cant run the baler and the wagon at the same time. id rather have rained on windrows than bales. I have my wife run the baler and i stack, when we are done, all of the bales are on the trailer that we could get baled in the small window we have for making good quality alfalfa. We can unload them into a lot of differant types of sheds as long as the tractor fits. and we have the wagons to haul round and 3x3 big square if we want to. Another advantage is you can bale your trailers full, call the customer,and unload them right off the trailer with the forks onto the truck. If we have to and run out of trailers we will bale some on the ground and pick them up with an old pop-up. I am wanting to try a thrower to kick em to the back of the longer racks,cut down on walking time and allow me to stack a layer at a time. Its really not that bad stacking if you dont have to throw them up 4-5 high to get a trailer load !!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)