AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydroponics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 11/14/2012 07:33 (#2696308 - in reply to #2696174)
Subject: Re: Hydroponics

Martinsville, Ohio
We bought almost all the equipment I got to teach with on State Matching Funds through Perkins money. I wouldn't have had much without it.

Sounds more like an opportunity now but requires close management like animals, not quite as severe but quite a bit of dedication. Sounds like you are willing to devote the time and learn the curve. Disney has invested a lot of money in hydroponics at Disney World in Florida and I believe they train teachers like yourself too. There is an Extension person nearby who worked there a few years and he knew way more about hydroponics than anyone around here.

To your original post, I wouldn't know which one to choose either. Sounds like you are in the process of learning that. I don't know what "at cost" those units are but it doesn't sound like you could go too far wrong by trying.

Just learning how to teach is a big endeavor. I was ready to quite by Christmas the first year. Classroom management was poor and they were driving me crazy. Superiors hung in there until I learned. I didn't feel like a solid classroom teacher until about five years. You might be better off just concentrating on how to teach but that may be the unit that helps you do it, I don't know.

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)