AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Breeze way or bigger?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 8/10/2012 18:21 (#2532200 - in reply to #2531705)
Subject: Re: Breeze way or bigger?

central - east central Minnesota -

Golden Farms - 8/10/2012 10:12 Im 25....: ^ S Im laundry area right now is in my basement and will stay there until the needs change it. Im not saying that building this addition will attract women. I have done enough stuff and projects in the past that I gone back redone because I thought I could just by with it that way for the time being. In the long run I would of been better off just doing it the right the first time. That's just the way my luck works most of the time for me. Thanks for the great ideas and opinions. Keep them coming!

Before times of air tightness and air conditioning in homes, breezeways were ok  . . .
They do not work well in todays modern homes - they need to be ventilated (heat/air) like the rest of the house or moisture/stale air builds up in them.
Nothing wrong with laundry in a basement, if a person is disaplined to do it as needed and not let it pile up.
Wife says the stairs to the basement give the needed exersise she needs and it's nice not having the noise up stairs. If a person has a large house plan - then maybe, but for smaller home foot prints, laundry in basement is a good place. Saves money on building foot print.
I put enough windows in our 1100 square foot remodeled to open floor plan ranch house, that a sun room (waste of money for it's use) isn't neccessary.
If room is neccessary, additions work . . . but basements should be utilized first (if bedrooms are needed - egress windows can create lots of light and larger bedrooms).
Having the garage attached is a very nice option - that's what a breezeway does anyway.
Currently, no garage, just park the wifes vehicle in a nice clean part of the barn and my trk goes way out back in the shop. No openers on either garage doors.

Edited by iseedit 8/10/2012 18:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)