AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

********Weigh Ins 7/29/12 to 8/4/12*********
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IlliniCPSC
Posted 7/30/2012 11:17 (#2513182 - in reply to #2513129)
Subject: RE: ********Weigh Ins 7/29/12 to 8/4/12*********

East Central Illinois
I've been doing Weight-Watchers online while tracking food on my phone. So far down about 6 pounds after 2 weeks. Hardest part is that I work in sales for an ag chem company so there are lots of lunches and dinners to attend and it is hard to skip over the "good stuff" when it comes to a "free" meal. I've found some easy things to do like skipping bread or removing buns from sandwiches. No cheese saves lots of calories. I have a sweet tooth and have found the Quaker "Quakes" rice snacks to help when I get a craving for something sweet. The carmel corn variety is especially good. Found a good recipe on Pinterest - tastes a lot like tater tots but a lot healthier! I add jalepeno for a little extra kick

Zucchini Bites
Recipe adapted: The Naptime Chef
yields: 12 mini muffins

1 cups zucchini, grated
1 egg
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
1/4 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian style
Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
2. Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
3. In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.
4. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)