AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

********Weigh Ins 7/29/12 to 8/4/12*********
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 7/30/2012 10:14 (#2513129)
Subject: ********Weigh Ins 7/29/12 to 8/4/12*********

Wow, the end of July already, where has the summer gone. Well, most of us would like it to take a hike with these warm temps and lack of rain. We have been a little lucky. After losing the corn on our sand ground, we chopped it and planted some peas and something else and then we had a couple nice rains. So hopefully we will get some more feed for the cows. Nice to see how the rain perked up the hay for 4th cutting too.

So how is the scale looking for all of you? Hope you had a good week and were rewarded on the scale. I did lose one pound so I am happy with that, but need to lose a little more before surgery on the 16th. I have real fears with the surgery that I can't exercise like I am doing now and will gain weight. But I guess I will be exercising but in a different way after my knee replacement. So maybe it will be ok. I just don't want to gain 10 pounds or something like that. Need to learn to maintain now.

Question for the week, what food, or recipe that you feel is a healthy one do you like? Will you take the time and share it. Sometimes something so simple will be something new for someone else. So if we can share this could help all of us.

One thing that I made a lot of and even your young kids will like it. Crispy oven baked chicken nuggets and french fries.

I take chicken breasts and cube them to about one inch square pieces. Wash and pat dry and then spray with Pam spray. Roll them in crushed Rice Krispies and put on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam cooking spray. Spray the tops of the coated chicken pieces with Pam spray again and then season with seasoning salt. Bake at 400 for about a half hour. You have to watch, depends how big you cut your chicken. For the french fries, just cut up whole potatoes into frech fry size pieces and lay them out on cooking sheet and spray with Pam spray. Bake at 400 for about 30 to 45 minutes, again, watch until you feel desired color.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)