AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nervous ticks in kids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Bin owner
Posted 7/24/2012 21:54 (#2503997)
Subject: Nervous ticks in kids

Southwest Iowa
About three years ago my second son (10years old) started to have facial ticks ( stretches his mouth like he's yawning, rolls his eyes, sometimes yawn and roll together). This started in the middle of the second grade when he was in a class with a lot of behavior problems. As the year went on it seemed to lessen, in summer it almost disappears but as soon as registration papers come out it comes back something terrible. My wife said today has been one of the worst she has seen. He is stretching his mouth roughly every two seconds. Last year my SIL (a nurse) was thinking it could possibly be a tumor affecting him. Had an MRI and cat scan and ruled that out. I am thinking it is his way of dealing with stress. I have an aunt that has real bad ticks that she is constantly doing, also have a brother that licks his lips constantly when he is really nervous. Just want to try to help him out if I can. Question is has anyone ever dealt with something like this with there own children or even themselves? Can anything be done to help him find some other form of stress relief? Open to just about anything.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)