AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol mandate (Gartmann)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 7/17/2012 22:54 (#2491601 - in reply to #2491538)
Subject: Run rates at refineries havespent most of the year

Red River Valley
between 80-85% spiking the last three or four weeks but gasoline stocks are jumping. Refiner's are pushing operating rates because we are a was in crude stockpile will more than likely reach 400mb before fall.

as for 10% more gas demand that's BS we blend 10% ethanol but take at least a 4-7% mileage hit so we only really need to find about 5% more gas and about 1% more crude to offset the real "Gain" given the US for Ethanol.

as for the HIGH octane the just push the crude a little higher on the "crack line" which will leave a few more barrels of some of the lower grade petro by products Asphalt which we use also.

BTW - Refiners have spent many years Cracking in the red and still made great profits.

total stockpiles of petro products in this country are approaching record levels and yet we still have Higher than reaonable prices if ethanol was the answer I don't think we asked the right question IMHO

I was asked by a very successful business man In Fargo ND today -- Why do we ( the US ) use half of or corn crop to create 1% of or petroleum needs I did not have a good answer for him could you give me one so I can tell him it tomorrow
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)