AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can irrigation pay off on small farm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JoshuaGA
Posted 7/8/2012 14:32 (#2473549 - in reply to #2473522)
Subject: RE: Can irrigation pay off on small farm?

Sumner GA, Located in southwest GA,
Two disclaimers, #1. I do not know your soil types and conditions, this is all based off of WebSoilSurvey. #2. This is roughed in with paint and mesurements off of WSS, so take it all with a grain of salt. Upper pivot would make 7/8 of a circle more or less, with a span around 900'-950' more or less, you will gain an additional 100' with endgun. Lower pivot is just shy of half a turn, span of 1000'-1050' more or less, plus end gun. Probably looking at 600 GPM flow to run each pivot. Biggest trick will probably be getting water, really going to need 3 phase power to run an electric pumping unit, can get away with single phase for a pivot and use a converter. I actually have a small pivot that runs straight 240, but it is a short pivot and not much wire to run. Diesel isn't too bad, might be better to have a portable diesel pump on a river, get it up to high land and under a shelter in winter, just more expensive to pump, and louder if that is a concern. I drew it with the idea what is in the circles is clearable land, IDK if that is the case, but it is the assumption.

Edited by JoshuaGA 7/8/2012 14:52

(TnFarmer farm Edit.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments TnFarmer farm Edit.jpg (33KB - 59 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)