AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Washing machine advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Delmarva Ag
Posted 7/5/2012 22:54 (#2468970 - in reply to #2463464)
Subject: RE: Washing machine advice

Seaford, Delaware
Jim - 7/3/2012 00:40

I took off some clothes yesterday that I thought I was going to have to throw away they were that bad with grease, hyd oil, sweat and dirt.  Thought I would try them in the top load Speed Queen washer with a big scoop of powder detergent and "hot" water setting to see if they were salvageable and they came out very clean.

We've had a front load and they do save water but the cycle times are a lot longer and they really don't clean very dirty clothes as well. You will end up back at a top load for very dirty clothes that basically need to agitate in a tub of water. I would look at the basic/simple Speed Queen commercial washers especially for farm mud room use. Not a whole lot of buttons and lights, just a dial and it works.

Jim at Dawn

Great minds think alike. After fighting with the Kenmore, Maytag, Whirlpool, etc. inferior products, incompetent repairmen, and missed appointments, I finally broke down and purchased a new Speed Queen matched washer and dryer set for the wife. She absolutely loves it! No bells and whistles, just a good old mechanical unit that works! Excellent warranty and local dealer has their own service personnel. One of the best purchases I have ever made. No regrets!

Alan

(photo-6.jpg)

(photo-7.jpg)

(photo-8.jpg)

(photo-9.jpg)

(washer 1.jpg)

(washer 2.jpg)

(washer 3.jpg)

(washer 4.jpg)

(washer 5.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments photo-6.jpg (75KB - 91 downloads)
Attachments photo-7.jpg (90KB - 83 downloads)
Attachments photo-8.jpg (71KB - 86 downloads)
Attachments photo-9.jpg (80KB - 90 downloads)
Attachments washer 1.jpg (79KB - 86 downloads)
Attachments washer 2.jpg (88KB - 99 downloads)
Attachments washer 3.jpg (75KB - 91 downloads)
Attachments washer 4.jpg (72KB - 94 downloads)
Attachments washer 5.jpg (70KB - 94 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)