AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

60" vs 30" side dress
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tj_farmer
Posted 6/2/2012 10:47 (#2410505 - in reply to #2410479)
Subject: RE: tj,

NW central IL
only source of n, 200 actual in fall. this was dads field, i sidedressed it with 15-20 gal of 28% to perk it up and help it out to get to n beside it. biggest thing that botherd me was it got worse the bigger it got, i figured on the v8 stuff, it would of found the n beside it and took back off growing good. this corn field looks beautiful otherwise and huge root system below it. its greening up since it rained, and my sidedress n has hit the roots. im not against 60" sidedress, just stumped on what happened, at first i thought it was my planter tractor tracks, till i looked at the pointrows. at 200 units even at v8 and one knife plugged i felt it shouldnt have knowed the difference till later in the season. im glad it happened, that way i got to fix it before it showed up too late in the season. i sure run over alot of corn at v8 on the ends...LOL

on my own fields i run 25-30gal of 28% ppi weed and feed,then v3-v5 sidedress 35 gal later, or 120 fall nh3 then 25 gal sidedress this is on corn on corn. i like both n combinations. dad runs 200 fall or 165 fall and 30 sidedress, i think personally it takes 50+ units to make it worth the drive through the field
we have the best looking corn in this area for prob 4-5 years, at this stage. im just waiting for a hail storm now, or something like that to screw it up
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)