AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

60" vs 30" side dress
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/2/2012 07:04 (#2410228 - in reply to #2410105)
Subject: RE: 60" vs 30" side dress - comparison data - flow division....ANH3

Chebanse, IL.....

Jim

I'd like to throw in my 2 cents on the ANH3 system. I had been in contact with a few posters from NAT that were using the ANH3 systems. All seemed happy. The system seemed to address problems that I've always seen w/NH3. I probably started sidedressing w/NH3 back in the early '70s, though used it preplant before that. The heat exchangers & flow controllers sure beat the old mechanically adjustable (using charts for speed-width-rate) regulator days, but the coolers still had problems, I thought. Large 3/4" vapor tubes were my nemesis for many years, in many ways. But there had been many advances in manifolds, knives, & controllers.....but still problems, I thought. So, we made the switch to the ANH3 system for sidedressing in 2012. However, we kept our trusty Ravens flo-controllers sitting nearby just in case the ANH3 was a flop. That wasn't necessary as it turned out.

I'm a sold convert for the ANH3 system. 101% happy with the results. 2 small 3/8" vapor tubes...that's it. Though the gauges make the system look complicated, there really is much less plumbing than a Ravens type system. Accuracy was amazing over xxxx acres. Turning around to glance at the gauges told you 100% that there was product flowing to each row. Orifices are used just as on a liquid bar. 1.5x orifices on the end rows (15 row bar for 16 row coverage). No, not interested in "skip-row" application at this time. We did that for a few years in the past. If "skip-rowers" can advertise themselves as having no row over 15" from nitrogen, then I'll advertise our every row as not over 7.5" from nitrogen....except for our end rows.

But anyway, if anyone is questioning the ANH3 system, I'll vouch for the product. It worked for us in 2012.

(ANH3 1 (2).jpg)

(ANH3 system (2).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ANH3 1 (2).jpg (53KB - 98 downloads)
Attachments ANH3 system (2).jpg (70KB - 118 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)