AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

speeding in construction zones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 5/25/2012 15:43 (#2398031 - in reply to #2395372)
Subject: Re: speeding in construction zones

I'm usually the guy that zooms around you. I notice that about 30% of the time the guy I zoom around ends up right behind me at the next intersection (never at the intersection after that though). Probably another 39% of the time I will still be able to see them a few miles back when I get to my turn. Probably another 30% of the time I have totally lost them after just a couple of miles due to a serious of events that really really slows them down. Maybe 1% of the time I am very grateful I got around them before they caused a huge pileup right in front of me because they were just plain out of it.

The opposite happens as well. If I don't pass someone I should have, about 30% of the time it doesn't matter, 39% of the time, I'm only a few miles behind where I would have been, 30% of the time it really big time sets me behind and 1% of the time I really wish I had taken my opportunity because I realize they are absolutely crazy while being slow and have no business being on the road.

I also notice that if you're driving in the city, the absolute most dangerous thing you can do for your personal safety is go slower than everyone else. Anyone who consistently drives in heavy traffic would agree with me. My opinion on driving in heavy traffic is you should be going faster than 80% of the people on the road and don't even look at the speed limit signs. You won't get a ticket because the cops are after the top 5% or maybe even top 3%. You won't get in a wreck because you're not spending 90% of your time looking in your rear view mirror.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)