AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

speeding in construction zones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 5/23/2012 06:43 (#2394242 - in reply to #2393958)
Subject: RE: speeding in construction zones

Chebanse, IL.....

I agree 100%. I think the camera deal is supposed to start sending out tickets in July...right?

But, one big problem I have w/construction zone markings anywhere is "false alert complacency". Signs will be put up, barrels will be set....then nothing, nothing for weeks & weeks. Have you ever slowed down to 45 mph per the sign & then just drove for miles & miles wondering just WHERE this construction is?  If there are workers present, then put a sign saying so. I don't mean one guy driving a company 3/4T work truck down the median, I mean guys on the ground doing the grunt work. The problem is psychological. Drivers get complacent by seldom seeing real live human bodies in construction zones & they just maintain the highway speed. Even if you live in that area & travel a certain way daily...you note there's "never anyone working".....until one day. Then trouble happens in one form or another. If there were a STOP sign posted on a single lane untravelled highway in the middle of the Sahara desert and you hadn't seen another vehicle for hours, would you stop?

I suggest something needs to be done about WHEN to post the construction speed limits. I suggest this in the interest of the safety of the workers & for the consideration of the motorists.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)