AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Had a run in today with an uneducated consumer....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 5/19/2012 10:11 (#2388570 - in reply to #2388198)
Subject: RE: Had a run in today with an uneducated consumer....

SWOH
That happens every now and then around here, but honestly most people have been polite about those kinds of things with me. I was accused of killing one guy's ducks with Sonic, Roundup, and 24D a few years ago. His wife (girlfriend or whatever) called so I went over to talk to the guy and he went off on me about killing his ducks but he wouldn't show me any ducks and then went on about how a couple of years earlier I had killed his neighbor's horse with Roundup and he was going to sue me for trespassing (I was spraying for a neighbor who rented this 14 acres from this guy's wife's (girlfriend or whatever) mother and I do have a commercial license). He was a little out of balance and was the type that was just looking for a fight. But most people around here are politely concerned and willing to find out exactly what, why, and how I'm spraying something. I had one guy that stopped and asked me politely to call him before I sprayed next to his house because he was trying to get a couple grapevines going and I kept knocking the leaves off every year. I never knew he had any grapes so I told him I would and I'd stop using 24D there. He wasn't rude about it in any way and we talked for a little while. But I am starting to run into more people like the lady you ran into and it makes for an interesting meeting. I always try to keep my cool no matter what they call me and try to explain what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. It's usually them telling me that I should be growing things organically and things like that. There's some people that no matter how hard you try or how much effort you put into getting along with them, you're still a big bad greedy earth destroying farmer and they'll complain about everything you do.

Did you look at her trees? Maybe offer to pay for a nursery or tree guy of mutual choice to come out and look at her trees to find out what's wrong with them. Not to say I told you so but just a nice gesture to figure out what's going on with them. Might be worth it to you or might even prove she's right.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)