AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Get those kids off the farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John SD
Posted 4/25/2012 20:44 (#2353670 - in reply to #2353393)
Subject: RE: Why give them the choice?

I'm a customer of two different rural electric cooperatives so I get the monthly newsmagazine from each. This month's edition both feature a neighbor's daughter who graduates high school this year. She is receiving a $500 scholarship from both cooperatives.

This young lady has been very active in both scholastic and extracurricular school and community activities. She plans to become a doctor. Her math teacher commented "______ is one of the best students I have had the privilege to teach in my 19 years of teaching."

I assure you this young lady knows what work is. She was out in the field raking hay when she was so young you couldn't hardly see anyone in the tractor. She has older brothers. Some have done well in school, some have not so much, but they were all raised to work and all are successful in their own right.

IMHO, I think Cattle Feeder is painting with way too broad of a brush. I'm sure this young lady's parents and the whole community are very proud of her. And she is far from the only hardworking industrious kid out there. It's just the bad apples that get in trouble and seem to make the news more often.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)