AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question about the new health care law
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 4/25/2012 09:42 (#2353081 - in reply to #2352291)
Subject: Re: question about the new health care law

Rolla, ND
Not really, Obamacare did go after corruption. It showed a big reduction in Medicare due to catching Medicare fraud. Republicans have campaigned ever since saying Obamacare cuts Medicare. It didn't cut benefits, it figured a savings from finding corruption.

The administration indeed has done a better job of catching corruption. They were estimating just saving $500 million but are something like 4 times that so far.

I kind of doubt if the home transaction tax will ever happen. Thing is, in order to try and move towards a balanced budget, they are going through the same sort of things they did last time. So the bill had to be paid for, so they do all sorts of strange things and as they move forward they change and revise and it's all really strange.

But it did result in a balanced budget last time just before the people threw the Dems out and put the Republicans in and the first thing they did was get rid of all the spending restraints. (Couldn't help myself, had to get the partisan dig in there) I kind of wonder where we'd be today if people had left those who balanced the budget in office instead of throwing them out for doing it.

The whole balancing thing is why Republicans have taken out all the stops to overturn the mandate. Take away the projected income from penalties and they feel they can overturn the whole thing based on budget so we can just go back to double digit insurance increases every year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)