AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Butter up" those you love...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

FarmGirlMaryJo
Posted 4/6/2012 09:56 (#2323664 - in reply to #2320913)
Subject: RE: "Butter up" those you love...

Sheridan, MI - 1/2 hr. from the mitten's middle
I was going to just let this go, and learn that only middle-of-the-road views are safe and welcome on here, but with some words of wisdom from some truly kind NAT folks, I decided to make one final statement on this issue.

If you read the preface I wrote to the post I received, I presented it in a "for what it's worth" vein. I did not, as I already mentioned to one person, "jump up on a soapbox and exhort you to dump your margarine tubs in Boston Harbor, nor to go out and buy a milk cow and butter churn." I truly thought that in a forum such as this, it would open up some interesting, even lively, yet still civil discourse. Clearly I was mistaken. I thought I had met rude and obstreperous before, but boy oh boy, was I wrong.

I do truly care about others' opinions. I know that I have a lot to learn, and I'm not too proud to admit that I know next to nothing. But the most important thing my daddy taught me was how to treat people. I only wish more people had had my daddy or someone like him. I know that some of you will respond with something similar to "put on your big girl panties or don't try to play with the big kids", but I truly don't care. Daddy taught me to speak my mind, too, and I'm not pouting, I'm... incensed, for lack of a better word that would be acceptable on here. I could pretend to be all meek and mild and that butter (or should I say MARGARINE) wouldn't melt in my mouth, but even more than bad manners, I can't abide fake.

Edited by FarmGirlMaryJo 4/6/2012 10:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)