AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case Ih 5500 soybean specials
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dave swia
Posted 6/4/2006 09:16 (#16880 - in reply to #16871)
Subject: I have one too

sw corner Ia
The fix for your bunching is get rid of the radiator drop tubes and put sliders on there, if you haven't. I do not have bunching with mine.

I have seen a couple of hitches broken at the neck articulation joint. One I know of like this was stuck, and then they got rough pulling it out. Also this one had broken the folding arm from the cylinder.

This thing is very heavy, and when loaded with beans (seems like 78 bags or something, I can't remember, I only use little ones to finish up now) you better not run over soft ground, because it will go in like you won't believe, that is the lift wheels. Negative tongue weight will cause you to have a whole lot of ballast on the rear of whatever you hook it on. I have it on an 8200 mf and this seems about right traction wise. Wing lift wheels should have been mounted at the outside of the drill instead of in so far so they have to carry a heavy load.

I have yetter markers too, and I must say they are short lived. If you are in flat country they would be ok, but if you go through uneven ground, they get torn up pretty easily at the cyl mount. If you could graft some Kinze markers on there that would stop. Look at the pivot pins to see if they have broken the 5/8" lock bolt. If they have the pin will work out, letting half your drill go off and leave you.

Big plus for this drill is not one opener has a wheel drive over the seed after it is planted. If you are going to notill, there are some things you need to do to make it work nonstop, nonplug.
Use an early riser monitor and you will have a pop. count. Takes almost 17' on the road.

I do like mine very well.

Athen impl. in Hamburg has one for I think around 15K. I know of a couple that are in excellent cond. for about 24k.

Do not try to pull this down the road with a 3/4ton pickup. The folded tongue weight is a lot.

(MVC-003E.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MVC-003E.JPG (11KB - 549 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)