AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does everyone LOVE to farm???as much as I do
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tommy
Posted 3/2/2012 12:36 (#2263137 - in reply to #2262809)
Subject: RE: The problem with loving it TOO much

Iowa
The problem with loving it TOO much is that--as you say--you will do it for nothing if you have to. That was me until my back, knees, etc started wearing out--then it became at least a bit less fun, and I changed my mindset to something like, "I had better make good money at this since it's been so hard on me"--and I almost overnight became a better businessman, and now do better (financially) at it.

I really enjoy the quotes, "do something you love and you'll never work a day of your life" and "find your passion and the money will follow"--but they are simplistic. They do have a true undertone, but once you're into any endeavor you soon see the oversimplification in those quotes.

My goal from day one has always been to end up (might not do as well along the way, but to end up) better off than if I had accepted a good job out of college, and I am still working to try to accomplish that.

Passion/enjoyment/satisfaction--yes, very much. (we might be splitting hairs here, but)Love--never!! I want to MAKE A GOOD LIVING while leaving the land better than I found it (and owning more of it than I started out with).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)