AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land sell Money Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

thor
Posted 1/31/2012 08:12 (#2196586 - in reply to #2196543)
Subject: RE: Coup?

northern MN

I know you are bullish land as am I. I have read many of your posts and I am not sure that we are bullish for the same reasons. My veiw is land will drop again and probably soon but will in time make new higher highs. I am of the opinion that this time the land market is fueled by outside factors, low interest and a higher commoditys market being the main drivers. However the fact that farms are well capitolized this time makes the likelyhood of a quick and painfull turnaround less likely. Still if corn were to go sub $4 surely that would make land values decrease dramatically would it not. I know your family has significant land holdings, we are a first generation finance fourth generation production farm. I look at the familys that do the best during all times, they have one thing in common, that being significant land holdings. Common sence tells me that the value of the rent is their hedge against economic hardship year in and year out. My question is; would you or any of you once land ownership has been accomplished drop the rented land?  The current rental market is not going to allow a farmer enough profit to justify adding machinery to farm it, why farm it for nothing? Obviously not in every situation but then again I am really getting tired of kissing --- in some situation. I am not the kind of person to farm for my ego, I think dropping land that is not allowing me a significant profit makes good sence considering the cost of machinery replacement

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)