AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cutting Hay
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 6/1/2006 13:39 (#16346 - in reply to #16298)
Subject: Re: Cutting Hay

Aberdeen MS
I'd have to agree Quality.

I too have a nutrition degree plus I raise horses as well. I get into many discussions with other owners about the nutrition needs as well. The biggest "sway" I can do for them, is when they see my horses and ask what I feed, I take them to the bale and say....only that, nothing else. For the most part they are always a tad overweight, but when one sells off the same pile I feed, I'd be selling straw to customers of the hay I feed... LOL.

I have gotten a few to take another look at what they are doing, but most of the metro crowd that are weekend horse people still have the $$ in the pocket and think "more is better"!!!!! The serious "legit" horse people I know, have a good handle on nutrition and do it the right way.

Even tho the "customer is always right", to be a "good" supplier, it is our duty to inform what they are getting and the consequences. Then they can make their decision on what to purchase.

That's the way we do it at the seed dealer and the fertilizer plant, we don't just take their word what product will do the best. No different when we are on the supplier side.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)