AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Antenna position......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 5/29/2006 15:17 (#15719 - in reply to #15676)
Subject: RE: Antenna position......

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Ed,I have not taken the time to set down with the manual and try changing light bar settings to make it work better on the cab roof. I am usually behind on the seeding/spraying job at hand,and resort to something redneck quick,like moving the antenna. I suspect,but don't know that an EZ Guide plus will have an easier time detecting 6 in of movement at the tractor nose,than 2 in at the front of the cab at any setting.
I was also worried that the cab might block the view of enough satellites to cause problems when going any direction but south,but it has not been a problem. I never see a "few satellites/low accuracy/ no corrections" warning,and the rows are straight. like last week when we planted our few hundred acres of soybean,brother insisted that we put them in 15 inch rows,which means seeding with only one row of openers on a 750 drill. Problem is that using one set of openers, is they are offset 7-1/2 inches from the center of the drill. The quick redneck fix was to jog the antenna aprox 7-1/2 inches to the left of the Steiger radiator fill hole ,put er in gear and get er done. As Red Green would say," never ever do this, unless it works." 8)

Edited by Jon Hagen 5/29/2006 15:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)