AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enough said
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BBfarms
Posted 12/5/2011 17:49 (#2086013 - in reply to #2085545)
Subject: From my point of view..

SE Michigan
Your post was bashing the STO. Again , that was how I took it and allot others did. Witch is typical of a BTO, again IMHO

Too many posters on this board think because they do thing one way (till or no till is typical) that it is the correct way, one poster comes to mind but I won't say the his name.

Don't care about gramer / spelling, I am not english major and never claimed to be.

Small operations can be very profitable, mine is. I feel that allot of posters (typical BTO attitude) discounts farmers that work off the farm also. We STO, may do it because we love it, but that does not mean we loose money at it, or have no right to do it because a BTO needs the land more then us.

I farm 250, work a full time Engineering job for the last 23 yrs. Support my family with my "day job" income, Farm for fun, because it's in my blood, and will do so to the day I can't get in the tractor any more. That does not give anyone the right to say I should not farm.

I may be full of ---------, but I think small farmers will always be around as long as they WANT TO BE. A persons will can be a very powerfull thing, not to be stopped by any BTO, equipment supplier (who does not make "small" stuff), seed dealer, ect.

Never understimate.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)