AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soil samples
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 10/16/2011 08:18 (#2005965 - in reply to #2004840)
Subject: RE: Your brother may be smarter than you think

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

If you are applying adequate Nutrients right along.

I have always said, It is the interpretation of the analysis. Not just having samples pulled.

I would say. in My opinion.  90% of the recommendations are not correct for adequate individual soil nutrition

and maximum yield performance on most individual farms.

I got this from a forum member I have been visiting with for a few years last week. this is a few of his comments

Quote ( Hello John,  I have Been thinking while running combine. Seems years ago when we spread 200 lbs
of potash every year we had better crops than today. NOTE  ( After we started soil
testing they keep telling us we need nothing so we quit spreading potash
every year and I believe we are just drifting down )   end quote.

So this is why I say.

You better be smarter than your soil guy, and the guys at the local Co-OP.

in my opinion

John

I will say this,  when MY clients submit their fertilizer orders.  Most of  the fertilizer company sales people scream bloody murder, as many of you well know.   and think they are nuts.

But then in July and August.  the same fertilizer guys tell them that they have the best crops in the County.

so go figure.   Out of the box Recommendations ? kind of like we did 30 to 40 years ago. , Before the convenience of LIQUID,  maybe a little of both is Better. ?   heck yes. Out of site Performance. for the FARMER  -   YOU BET.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)