AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Treating infant ear infections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jacob Bolson
Posted 9/11/2011 20:37 (#1957812)
Subject: Treating infant ear infections

Iowa
My daughter (7 months old) is currently enjoying her third ear infection. She started treatment of #3 with the same medication used for #1 and #2, but unfortunately, the medication didn't get the job done, so we're on to another medication. The subject of tubes has already come up, but she is too young, and I cannot bring myself to get excited over tubes. However, I am struggling with having to keep medication flowing through a 7 month old.

Has anyone tried treating ear infections with an alternative treatment? Browsing around on Google I found this list....

Common home remedies for ear infections include:
Two-three drops of warm onion juice placed in each ear
One-two drops of warm olive oil in each ear
A cup of salt or a cup of rice placed in a large sock, warmed (not hot!) in a microwave oven and placed on the outside of the child’s ear for 10 minutes
Several drops of hydrogen peroxide in each ear for 10 minutes
A warm, never hot, compress or hot water bottle applied to the affected ear for 10 minutes
Elevating the child’s mattress to help with drainage – place something under the mattress to elevate; do not use pillows under the child’s head
Giving the child water to sip and swallow, which may help open the eustachian tube
Placing several drops of breast milk in the affected ear every four hours (breastfed babies also experience fewer ear infections than bottle-fed babies)

She is going to the chiropractor tomorrow or Tuesday, which will hopefully help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)