AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Illinois Family Farms Replevin Hearing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ksufarmboy
Posted 9/3/2011 23:13 (#1945085 - in reply to #1945014)
Subject: Re: Illinois Family Farms Replevin Hearing

I will probably get bashed on by this, and I dont know who these people are. Nor do I care to know, but what about these peoples employees and their families? I'm talking about the IFF farm workers as well as the new company. I will not bash on big operations. Some people make bad decisions both business and personal. Thats a part of life. Nobody is perfect. I would have to say they had a very impressive operation (based on what I have seen) (I know nothing about their business practices.) In my opinion its hard to believe that a huge outfit like this would do a poor job of farming (both new operators and old) I say that because with these current prices, why wouldnt someone want to do a good job. I know nothing about farming in Illinois or Iowa or Minnesota. I'm from southwest Kansas and currently operate in the Texas panhandle. And there is HUGE farms out here. I know of many farms out here that have 100 or more circles of corn. And I know guys out here that raise 1-2 circles of corn. Do people slit each others throats over it? Not everyday, but it does happen at times. What I'm getting at is, there is room for both big operations and small operations. I guess my concern is, Ive been an employee and now I'm a business owner. Putting down peoples business tactics isnt always good, we can learn from their mistakes and apply some ideas of theres that worked into our own businesses. And those people that sit in the nice new tractors might already be or could become your neighbor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)