AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to price hay shipping to Texas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rank
Posted 9/2/2011 20:25 (#1943380 - in reply to #1942941)
Subject: Re: How to price hay shipping to Texas

SEON
mcupps - 9/2/2011 13:20
Why do all you guys in Iowa and Northern MO think that hay is worth 200 a ton for grass and 300 ton for alfalfa baled in the middle of the day. We need hay bad and the farther south and west people go they need it worse. But Corn is still under 300 a ton.

You have pot loads of hay up there and it wouldn't be worth a dang thing if semi truck didn't exist, so why not try getting a regular amazing Iowa/north MO price for it?

Ive had two people from northern MO call me wanting to sell me grass hay for 150 a ton or last years grass hay for 100 a ton. I told them "I bet you would"

150rfv is still worth closer to 200 a ton in my book. It cost a lot to truck those stems down there. If it was over 200rfv, it would be worth more than the difference in Rfv.

It's the same deal trying to buy wheat straw these days. Ever since the dairies started feeding it, all of a sudden it's gone from residue that they ask you to bale for free to this amazing source of potash that they can't do without. Don't know where everyones OM went overnight.

As far as your price of $100/ton...well I'm afraid it costs that much to make it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)