AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How smart is this guidance stuff?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

moonshine
Posted 5/22/2006 10:13 (#13965 - in reply to #13944)
Subject: RE: How smart is this guidance stuff?

Idaho
With EZ Guide Plus I would do the following:
Select Headlands, Start headland, Complete first round. This becomes "H1"

Begin H2. Select final headland. You will now be prompted to select point A. At the point adjacent to where you indicate setting point A, now set point A. You will now be prompted to set point B. Set point B adjacent to where you indicated setting it.

Proceed to the begining of H2. You will now be able to start AB lines at any place in the field. The initial AB is labeled "0 AB". The AB at the begining of headland area would be "L 20" or some number depending on field and swath width. The "L" indicating left of 0 AB. That L20 maybe a partial swath enabling an on the money, no wasted chemical, when you get to the completion of L1.

It will not give you guidance, as in H3, to the place where "A" was set. Dead head in H2 tracks or eyeball it and spray over to that place if that is what has to happen. Just pretend its like spraying on a hot windy day with foam and your are guessing most of the time anyway.

AB lines will be generated for the small portion of the field at the bottom left. They will be R1, R2 ect. The screen will display the headland enabling manual boom control once you get the hang of it. I have difficulty lining up an 80' pull sprayer in one headland pass therefore I usually do 2.

When doing that hypothetical, shorty/partial, L20 pass, do it heading south if you wish to finish L1 at the north end of the field. Conversely hook around and start going north if you want to end up down south. Swath management? Kind of like using the offset navigation trick when in the boonies.

Good luck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)