AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to send in a package to a friend in the military overseas....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 7/17/2011 22:44 (#1867543 - in reply to #1867363)
Subject: Re: What to send in a package to a friend in the military overseas....

Near-north Ontario, French River
First off let me state that I have no idea how the military equips its soldiers in the field but Dave's suggestion of cotton socks got me to thinking. How about some of that high tech hunting/sports clothing,not sure of the correct term, but its wicks sweat away from the body and helps keep dry. Its my understanding that depending on where a guy is serving in Afghanistan or even Iraq that temperatures often drop below freezing at night and soar into the triple digits during the day. Keeping dry and comfortable would go a long ways to keeping a trooper 'happy'. I use some of this clothing for deer hunting in the fall, and it really does keep you dry and warm. Its very lightweight, you could easily pack multiple sets into one of those shipping packages mentioned earlier. Maybe it's something thats available to troops in the field already??? FWIW Canadian troops seem to LOVE books of gift certificates for Timmy's LOL.. Maybe send booklets of these to your US forces and they can barter with the Cannucks .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)