AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some of our corn makes the cover photo of the Capital Press... sort of
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 7/3/2011 23:42 (#1847551 - in reply to #1847513)
Subject: Re: Some of our corn makes the cover photo of the Capital Press... sort of

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
We don't grow hay, so I'm not the most informed and don't know about your transportation costs, so FWIW:
If it's really high quality alfalfa, it's worth a lot. Not much supreme here this year, but if there was it would have to be worth $250+. Lots of first cut here got at least a little rain, and most guys let it go later than normal anyway figuring on a three cut year. It seems that anything green with strings around it is worth over $200. I know of one small stack of small squares that went up after a light rain when in the windrows, a broker came to look at the stack and when the grower said he wanted $200 the broker said he couldn't do that but would buy the stack at $215.

I should add that a lot of hay has been bought on the stump by Anderson, and they have crews that come in and do all the work. I don't know what they pay for that, but there are a lot of farmer owned balers sitting on the sidelines this year, so the offer must not have been too bad.

Edited by Ben in the Basin 7/3/2011 23:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)