AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Out From Under The Thumb Of PPC!!!!!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 7/3/2007 17:16 (#169967 - in reply to #164476)
Subject: Been thinking again, Always a bad sign.

Little River, TX
From what I have seen a Coop manager who's income is not tied directly to meeting the goals of the company will eventually have the salaries based on appearance rather than results.

The following is my unsolicited opinions.

Add to this their having a committee for a boss. Have the manager report only to one board member, with a designated alternate for the absence of the primary. Unity of command in military jargon.

The general membership should not be allowed to give directions, but should have one primary director and one alternate to go to with suggestions and questions.

Some, 3 to 5, directors should be on a committee with areas of responsibility, and serve as staff not chain of command. We are talking sales, feed, fuel, and other essential elements of the operation. Each committee would make a verbal and written report to the board. The board decides and the one director who is the conduit to the manager work with the manager to implement the decisions.

I envision what we used to refer to a Stand Up Briefing. Only in the military it was just one person making the final decisions.

It is also important that employees work for the manager not for half the membership.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)