AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So who had problems with your Precision Planting ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/27/2011 18:21 (#1794970 - in reply to #1794237)
Subject: Re: So who had problems with your Precision Planting ?

Leesburg, Ohio
Have had esets and PP seed tubes for four years on 1760 planter and love them. Traded for 1790 this year, and added all of PP's equipment. WWe had a few issues getting started, but they all turned out to be my errors in either software setup, or installation errors (had the trucount air hoses hooked up to the wrong controller ports on half the planter). Within a couple hours had everything working with the help of my son. Called PP a few times during installation of the hardware, and they were very helpful.

The only issue we had that wasn't my fault was clutches on one side of the planter not kicking on a couple times on point rows. Turned out that was a software glitch from an old version...I hadn't updated the 20/20 to the lastest version. (So I gues that one was even my foult to some extent.)

I have been really impressed at how well everything works, and how easy it was to get everything "talking" to each other with PP. I installed Rawson drives a couple years back on our old planter, and literally spent DAYS accomplishing nothing but talking on the phone with Rawson people and Deere people trying to get things to work.

Our John Deere area factory rep used to really bad mouth PP. Some of us had a little "discussion" with him a year or two ago. Now, our local dealer is a promoter of PP, and he supports it. So, just be careful what you believefrom some Deere folks about PP. They may just be over-zealous in supporting Deere Company's anti-PP line.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)