AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So who had problems with your Precision Planting ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

houndog
Posted 5/27/2011 08:52 (#1794283 - in reply to #1794237)
Subject: RE: So who had problems with your Precision Planting ?

NC Ohio
We have a 2020, airforce and Rowflow on our 12 row Kinze. This was the first year with rowflow. We put Hyd.drive on and controled the rate with the rowflow as well as using it to control our tru counts. We really had no problems with any of it. I really think the air force will pay off big this spring. We farm in N.C.Ohio and have had very few days with no rain. But with the lift bags on our row units we were able to carry around 50 lbs or less margin all day long from one end of the field to the other. Margin is the amount of extra wieght that is on the row unit that is not needed and still have good ground contact. And with the wet soft ground that was planted into around here this spring I feel it was a great help. We planted into some marginal ground as far as being wet and it looks good so far. But time will tell if it did help. The hyd. drive worked well to and was nice not having to worry about the drive wheels slipping this spring going thru wet spots. I know from past years that it can be a problem with the drive wheels slipping as we put dry fert. on with planter also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)