AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random precision ag question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aglasergps
Posted 4/24/2011 17:26 (#1742359 - in reply to #1742151)
Subject: Re: Random precision ag question

Brisbane, Australia
I work on many properies and have seen enough over many years to make the comparison between most of the systems out there. And yes, I stand by what I said. I've worked beside new machines with AF systems (especially in vege farming) and the front wheels do just smack from side to side especially working on slopes with heavy draft impliments. I don't think the observation was inappropriate and that is what it was, an observation. I have worked with a manager of one property for many years now who has over 20 of these things and they all do the same thing - it's just the nature of the beast as far as he's concerned. They got started initially because a network was set up cheaply and it is now to late to go in another direction. Don't ask me why the roll cal changes, he (and other owners as well) tells me that it does in all his systems (or maybe the satellites are better tuned for the US regions, I don't know). And no, I'm not digging (trashing) the competition - if they weren't so precious they'd accept that they haven't got it 100% right either. Yes, I sell, install and use Trimble on my own machines and I'm an earthmoving contractor who travels widely across the state, most people who read this forum know that....I acknowedge that the gear I use isn't the greatest in terms of hardware reliability or ease of installation or even display usability and then there is the product support that can't be complained about as there is none; but the solution is deadly accurate, and in my opinion, the inertials tranfer that positional accuracy to the ground better than anyone else. That is the "accuracy" everyone is chasing, on the ground!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)