AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A quick business update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

waterman1
Posted 4/7/2011 15:58 (#1713029 - in reply to #1712748)
Subject: Re: A quick business update

McLean county IL
An interesting/thought provoking debate going on here.... A few threads above this thread I read about corn planters rolling..... And we makes me wonder "If fuel price increases continue.......just how many farmers are going to shut off the tractors and park the planters....????" I'm going to bet my money on the answer "none"...especially in light of the current commodity prices/planting fever.....

My point is simply this...... seems like various industries like ours (ag)are "steam rolling along. Farmers are investing money in equipment/capital/land". Just talk to ag business folks. Meanwhile other industries may continue to struggle/ woller in the mud.....They may make some head way but higher fuel costs pulling them backward??

To me this makes for a "head scratcher" whether this country's economy will weather the economic storm, inflation, interest rates, pay off the cancerous/massive U.S. debts, etc. etc...etc..

Makes me wonder....can we (agriculture) pull this country forward by ourselves...??

I value your thoughts on this....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)