AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sounds like a lot of guys.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 4/5/2011 21:26 (#1710346 - in reply to #1710023)
Subject: RE: Sounds like a lot of guys.........

East Central South Dakota
It has quit flooding enough for township supervisors to take road tour. Washed out culverts, we lost one whole bridge, water over roads everywhere and this is water that doesn't drain anywhere (praire potholes). We have land that if it does dry up we don't have road infrastructure left to get to it. Spring wheat is for sure history. Time for corn yet and dakota weather can change in a hurry, but we are off to a very poor start. Lots of grass and CRP is broke up, but preventive plant acres will more than cancel that out. No way we will be close to 165 bu/acre average. We have never seen this much standing water and my family homesteaded here. Suppose to be worse north and east and if it is i feel for those people. No way fertilizer tender trucks will get down these soft roads, more expense !!!

Don't want to get that "out my window" frame of mind when it comes to marketing, but my take on the market is you have to reward the market rally with OC, but i believe we have to wait on New crop. We have run higher without a weather scare, what will happen when we have that weather scare rally ? I don't want to gamble with both old and new crop as you are gambling with two years production, probably time to bank one of those years and old crop corn is it for me. Will start to trickle sell ! ! I won't feel comfortable contracting New Crop Corn till i have some acres planted, as we really are that wet and i had to buy out of some soybean contracts i couldn't deliver on because of wetness last year and this is still frest in my mind.

We had some high school kids hurt this weekend pulling a pickup out with tow rope, hope we get through this spring safe as these are dangerous conditions for equipment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)