AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sounds like a lot of guys.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 4/5/2011 18:24 (#1710023)
Subject: Sounds like a lot of guys.........

put their hammers in the shop this week, for old crop anyway............be sure to thank "Coup" (I believe it was him, correct me if I am wrong) for the analogy.........those that gutted it out have been rewarded........do we go higher, IMO YES, $8 is likely a target to start with, however the risk/reward is getting skewed..............

End users have likely gotten their house in order in the last month and will have most of their needs covered well into summer now and will limp into harvest...............basis appears to be improving in some areas that are short, but that could change once they are booked up................I am sure there will be some opportunities to catch a board or basis spike in the coming months, that's what those last few "house money" bushels are for..............

As for 2011 production, I would expect that when the trade starts reading chapter two which could read "what IF we don't have enough acres and bushels" things will start moving hard to the up shot............right up until the blind side no one sees coming, but knows could be out there...........pretty healthy levels in new crop to be scaling in............

As for soya, I am lost I guess.............demand rationing, SA crop, no fear............I don't know, but IMO soya is going to get the short end of the acreage stick and IMO its a lot shorter than people think.......but right now the trade could care less...........but again, pretty healthy levels...........

Luck over skill anyday............so good luck to all.............

Edited by Mizzou Tiger 4/5/2011 18:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)