AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help Trimble is giving me a headache
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Haywardmarl
Posted 3/25/2011 22:20 (#1690411 - in reply to #1689873)
Subject: Re: Help Trimble is giving me a headache

aglasergps - 3/25/2011 18:35

Don't get all wound up about what you THINK a product should do, who do you think you are?

Look pal, once you realise that Trimble don't really care about what anyone out in consumer land thinks or wants, the less stressful your life will most certainly be. In reality, all corporate Trimble care about is the movement of their product out of their factories, what sells the quickest and for the least cost to get to the market. Live with it!

NEVER believe anything that is advertised as a "release", this is just a continuation of their competitors well tried marketing methods, a simple thing known as "overhanging the market". Trimble have just followed their competitors down to the lowest level in that regard.

Honestly, you get what you get. If someone sold you a product, telling you it would do something and it doesn't do it, just take it back and demand your money back, no one will think badly of you. The guy selling it will think twice before he does it again. If you buy something knowing it won't do it but expect them to come up with a fix, you must also believe in the tooth fairy!

."Sorry lot's of people have requested remotely mapped switching it was simply and oversight on our first software version. Some day we will have a software update."

IMHO, Trimble needs to change their firmware release procedures. It's fine that a simple feature got overlooked on the initial release, but that particular feature is stupid easy to code. Heck, they could probably pull most of the code for that feature from the EzGuide500 code base. I'm sure they're working on numerous updates for the next 750 release, but what they should do is branch the source code, and this one feature, and release it as a public beta for those people that really want that one feature and nothing else. Even their major releases should be labeled Beta for a couple weeks to see if any issues show up that they didn't find in testing. That would, however, require a channel for feedback.
The EZ-Guide 500 had remote switching capabilities I though the CFX-750 would too.

Facts: Trimble had $1.1 Billion in Sales Last year. Fact 2 more than 50% of those who voted ,, voted for Obma.

I know that Trimble does not care about me and my three lime spreading trucks. But I thought if 100 people read my complaints on here I would have a slightly better chance to get their attention. I sent my Ideas for improvements to three different dealers who went to Trimble Training Seminars.
Fact :4 The Dealer took the Fall for the EZ-Guide 500 that I never got the $500.00 rebate on. The offered to refund my money. Sent it back on Thursday. Thank goodness I never used it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)