AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help needed with the lime spreader from hell
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

red raider
Posted 12/23/2010 19:56 (#1503342 - in reply to #1497678)
Subject: Re: Help needed with the lime spreader from hell

<p>I have tried the manual setting for spinner speed. The speed jumped from 300 to 650 when I was trying to operate at 450. Also if I hit the plus button with the crappy true application control, it goes up in 2% increments so my speed would increase 150 rpm. It would be really nice to pick your own increment, but you can't. If I would have known how slow trimble and dickey john were to get a correction for me I would have just reinstalled the viper pro and went with it. I felt like it would be an easy fix but I was wrong. This whole deal has been a bummer. Bought the bed from LINCO for $15,000 and the ad said it had a NEW viper pro , it was used. The ad and the invoice both stated the same things. The invoice also said new spinner motors, it only had one which is not even new, it is rebuilt. Also I had problems with it throwing farther on one side and I discovered that the motors didn't even match. One was a 1.75" gear set and the rebuilt one had a 2" gear set. The belt that is in good condition is ripped 1/3 of the way across and the roll tarp that is in good condition has a 8" cut in it that you can see with out unrolling it. So much for trusting salesmen and buying things from pictures sight unseen. I have more faith in people than that. I guess I will learn not to trust anyone one of these days, but every man starts with my trust, and then he has to make me not trust him. that's the way I am. Oh I have to add that I am still waiting on my manuals, promised almost a month ago, gave up on the LINCO guys and ordered some from GVM. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since that order and I am still waiting.</p>

Edited by red raider 12/23/2010 20:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)