AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help needed with the lime spreader from hell
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tooth and nail
Posted 12/22/2010 11:00 (#1500614 - in reply to #1500335)
Subject: Re: Help needed with the lime spreader from hell

red raider - 12/22/2010 07:15

I really like the reply from tooth and nail, He is poking fun at me while he didn't even understand my post. I have a gvm bed as stated, and if it is so good why does his GVM PROWLER HAVE A NEW LEADER BED??????? Anyway I think plowboy is right that maybe the bed should be run first and then the spinners. It would seem to take more pressure to run the floor than the spinners .

According to NEW LEADER , they only supply the "iron" GVM installs the hyd. components to their specs.

EVERY spreader bed I've had in the last 21 years the spinners rotated center forward ,GVM 's New Leader bed is center back.

If you power the drag first ,how will you know if the spinners won't handle the load? Provided you don't have a spinner RPM alarm ,which most haven't had until recently.

It's going to take some trial and error to get a good pattern at 480 RPM. AT that slow it's going to stay on the fan longer. I don't remember what RPM my old beds used to run, didn't have spinner RPM monitor, now I run about 730-760 depending on material

Edited by tooth and nail 12/22/2010 11:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)