AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help needed with the lime spreader from hell
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 12/23/2010 08:49 (#1502257 - in reply to #1502175)
Subject: Re: Help needed with the lime spreader from hell

I do not believe that the position of the apron/spinner valve is important with regard to the control system. If you have enough hydraulic volume/pressure available, the control system should be able to keep the rate/speeds to +/- 5%. I have 2 systems with 4 pulses/rev on the spinners, 1 with 6 pluses/rev on the spinners, and all with 180 pulses/rev on the apron. A Dickey-john Land Manager II can control everything to less than 2%, at virtually any time except for about the first few seconds after the apron is turned on. This assumes that the engine rpm was sufficient to supply enough hydraulic oil volume during the turn to keep the spinner rpm up. That will cause an over-rev problem that takes longer than 5 seconds to correct due to a programming deficiency in the Land Manager's RPM channel.
If it is really impossible to get a good pattern with lime, then you might consider changing the spinner assembly to the New leader large spinner setup. It should be able to be retrofitted to your 34 inch apron with little modification, providing the hydraulic pressure/volume is ok. New Leader is not likely to say that it will work with lime, but I have the New Leader prototype large spinner assembly on a New Leader 7000 box (34 inch apron). It will do an acceptable job with gypsum. Lime and gypsum have similar spreading characteristics. Another option is to contact http://forceunltd.com/ . They make a spinner assembly for a 34 inch apron. I have never seen their equipment except on the web. (I hope this does not result in hate mail from New Leader)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)