AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help needed with the lime spreader from hell
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 12/21/2010 07:41 (#1498251 - in reply to #1497678)
Subject: Re: Help needed with the lime spreader from hell

Disclaimer: The only GVM spreader I have ever seen was at the Tulare AG EXPO in Feb of this year. All I saw was the fertilizer divider setup. At the time my thinking was that it would never work in our situation, because it did not look like it could spread gypsum very effectively. We spread some lime, and it acts much like gypsum. The GVM personal there did not put up a strong argument that I was wrong.

Are you trying to get an even spread pattern with different rates? There is no spinner spreader that I have ever seen that will do that with any material. As the rate increases, the "load" on each spinner blade increases and takes longer to be thrown off. This means that with the std rotation, the pattern will get heavier at the outside as the rate increases. My guess is that the GVM will do the opposite.

As for the pounds not being right, is the wet lime evenly wet? Wet gypsum does not flow as well as dry gypsum. Different moisture contents will cause gypsum to come out differently. I do not mean bridging, the shear factor is different for different moisture contents.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)