AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have a Christmas story, do you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 12/20/2010 10:30 (#1496702 - in reply to #1496632)
Subject: RE: I have a Christmas story, do you?

My story has to do with when my kids were growing up and we didn't have a lot of money and we still tried to make our three kids Christmas special. Back then Transformers were really big and of course my boys wanted them, and my daughter wanted Cabbage Patch dolls and that was the crazy times where parents stood in line and would pay $100 for some of them. Well, we couldn't afford them. So for the boys we bought the knock off versions of Transformers and my mother-in-law would buy the doll heads and make home made cabbage patch dolls. Nice, but not like the ones in the stores. So as the years went by and the kids grew up that was something they always brought up to us that they never got the "real" things when they were growing up. So fast forward, daughter was over 30 and the boys in their mid to late 20's. We all opened up our gifts and thought the presents were done but I said, "wait, I think there are some more yet" So I had my grown children sit on the floor in front of the fireplace and gave them each a box to open. The boys got the big huge giant real Transformers and my daughter got the twin package of Cabbage Patch dolls. It brought a big laugh, but my one son was so excited that he was taking his Transformer home to CA and put it on his mantel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)