AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have a Christmas story, do you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 12/20/2010 09:49 (#1496632)
Subject: I have a Christmas story, do you?

East central Iowa

I have several but those with kids may like this one.

Christmas with boys is always a hide and seek time.  You hide their gifts and they search everywhere trying to discover by size, shape and weight what they are receiving.  It becomes more of a challenge as they grow older and then it's over as they mature.  However there is that peak time when you have to use all your resources to thwart them.  

As is typical of boys they kept their rooms only slightly more organized than the aftermath of a tornado.  Knowing this and knowing that hiding things in plain sight is the best hiding place I put their Christmas gifts in their closets.  With the clothes and toys on the floor and the clothes hung by their mom on the rod in front of the presents they weren't immediately visible.  Had they even moderately cleaned the closet they would have seen the gifts.

Christmas morning they were eager to see what they'd received and after opening their presents they were happy but somewhat disappointed with shirts, pants, candy and some small things.  They had wanted a Nintendo and a kicking bag.  Neither of which they found.  With no complaints though, but some apparent disappointment I finally asked them why they hadn't brought down their other gifts.  The perplexed looks I wish I had on camera.  We told them why yes, we put them in your closets and thought you'd bring them down this morning.  With that they rushed off and found the packages.  They were both happy and surprised and a little chastened that the gifts had been in their rooms and they hadn't seen them.

Merry Christmas.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)