AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drug Testing Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dingaling
Posted 12/19/2010 07:49 (#1494206 - in reply to #1494194)
Subject: RE: Drug Testing Question

Owings, Maryland 38.6856 N 76.6752 W
Don't know all the laws but we are subject to random drug tests where I work as well. Never had anybody in the stall with me though, I think that I would of just left, that's nuts.

With the technology today they can see if someone is cheating. I am a foreman and hear the stories, have had occasions where the guy needs to go back for an immediate retest, oh this time they didn't do so well.

I see no reason for the rep to be in the stall with the candidate, just don't understand the logic there. The random testing does help the jobsite environment but it is not perfect, if one tests positive they automatically have more rights than than the drug free employee. You don't terminate an employee after a positive test, no no no, you must offer help and counseling, if they actually do the counseling part, follow the guidelines, they still have a job. Now when they don't participate in the counseling thats when the termination process can begin. All this costs an unbelievable amount of money and time,,,,, so the bottom line is,,,, companies just do enough testing to satisfy the reguirements set forth by the gubment.

We probably average about one case a year to deal with, you get to tiptoe around the employee while the process is going forth and in the meantime you have a crackhead wandering around the job endangering him/herself and everybody else onsite. I think the laws need a little updating,,, drugs = no job is my law !!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)